Monday, April 13, 2009

All grown up... sort of

I've been talking about it for months and months. (I apologize to those of you who have been hearing me talk about it incessantly.) But, lucky for all you of you, we finally did it; we took the leap and purchased our first real furniture. Good-bye couch with a sheet! So long Ikea chairs! See ya later make-shift table! And hello "real" stuff.

First of all, I have to thank Heather for helping Craig and I put together a budget and focus on the task at hand. Plus, she has really taught me how to bargain shop. I HAVE been emailing her at least ten times a day and so far, she is still friends with me. Craig did tell me yesterday that I have to stop stalking her after I called her 3 times within the hour.



(Heath, I promise it will stop soon!)


After deliberating for a few days, Craig and I have decided to go with an eclectic look of modern and vintage.

Things we have purchased so far:

* Dark gray velvet to recover Craig's childhood Camelback-shaped couch
* 2 chairs- one Victorian and one arm chair
* Fabric to cover those chairs- a dove gray velvet and a graphic black and white print
* A table that uses reclaimed wood from asia (who said we weren't green?)
* These dining room chairs
* 2 lamps from DI (nothing a little spray paint can't fix)

And we are thinking about pulling the trigger on two of these ottoamans

We are doing loads of other stuff, too, including redecorating my workspace and finishing off the upstairs. I can't wait. Pictures to come in the next few weeks!

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I can't wait, either! And you need to get the ottomans. They are cool...and won't last long at that price.

I am really looking forward to seeing the completed project. Seems like the perfect look for your space.

=)

Kersten said...

Hooray! Can't wait to see the final product — and gray feels so great at the moment!

(We tried to find a gray for our living room wall, to replace the orange, but ended up with a blue-gray. Maybe it's time for me to stalk Heather, too??)

Kristin said...

She is seriously the best and also finds amazing deals. If you ever feel overwhelmed about materials/decorations/anything for you new house, I can give you her info. She just recently gutted her sugarhouse home (and made it amazing, i might add), so she knows everything!

Ming said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures. I'm sure it will look amazing as you always have fabulous taste!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Dude, buying new furniture is my favorite passtime! Okay, I only get to do it when I move...but since that has been twice in the last 2 years, BOOM!

Too bad I'll never see it...wah wah. No utah love from me in the near future.

Gretchen said...

It all sounds so great. I can't wait to see it.

NBlake said...

I can't wait to see it! Hmmm... maybe that trip to see you guys will have to come sooner than I planned. Next, you can come help me with my small bedroom and by office. Those rooms are sadly in need of help.

shayna said...

You really buying a couch? Oh goodness, I feel like that just might help me to buy a couch...you're an inspiration to all those who can't make decisions.