Friday, March 13, 2009

Where my girls at?

Last weekend, I went to Phoenix for a girls' trip. Now, this wasn't any ordinary girls' trip. See exhibit A:




This is my friend, Heather, looking hot as always. The entire trip was devised around a date for her... so you KNOW it was good. Needless to say, this trip had a lot to live up to.

Not to mention, some of the moms had never even left their kids overnight, so that was kind of a big deal. We wanted to go to Phoenix, so that we could lay by the pool, shop, eat and talk about girl stuff... believe you me. You don't want me to go into detail.

Here are the girls: Andy, Amy, Holly, Jenna, Jen, and me. (Note: Heather not pictured because she was on her date. Boo yeah! Our plan totally worked!)




We ate AMAZING food at the restaurant behind us (cornbread croutons? WHAT?) and even though we missed Heather, it was worth it because we got to hear all the juicy date details. Us marrieds were living vicariously through her.

Here we are at the Mondrian, where we stayed. It was perfect!




My top 5 favorite parts of the trip:

1. Calvin. Need I say more?

2. Jenna taking us out to eat.. and believe me, she knows her food. Plus, we ate at Grimaldis! That was our favorite pizza place in NYC and the nephew started one in Scottsdale. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was pretty close.

3. Heather wanting to kill the baby sitting behind her on the plane ride over.

4. Laying by the pool.... in March!

5. Staying up every night until at least 2 am talking.


And one more for good measure and because I can't resist.


6. Show and tell.



Thanks, girls! I had so much fun. Who needs kids when you have me? (See Andy below.)




Love you, sluts!

9 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

MY favorite part of your trip is definitely Calvin.

=D

Andy said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Heather is going to GET you!! I love it.

Emily said...

sounds like fun! glad you and amy got to have a girls weekend!

thechoulespauls said...

aren't girl trips the raddest! not that craig and adam wouldn't fit in pretty well at one of these things- you should hear adam talk to my single girlfriends about boys. it's pretty good stuff!

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Ahhh. It really was the best wasn't it? We didn't even have to work! I can't wait for you guys to come back. Calvin and our creepy ghost picture miss you!!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Did you say boo-yeah in this post? just checking...

shayna said...

jealous...totally and utterly jealous. Now how do I get in the book club again?

Heather Anderson said...

Girls trips are so much fun! Glad yo got to do that:)

decomposition said...

hot? I'll say. I would MARRY that girl.