I've been talking about it for months and months. (I apologize to those of you who have been hearing me talk about it incessantly.) But, lucky for all you of you, we finally did it; we took the leap and purchased our first real furniture. Good-bye couch with a sheet! So long Ikea chairs! See ya later make-shift table! And hello "real" stuff.
First of all, I have to thank Heather for helping Craig and I put together a budget and focus on the task at hand. Plus, she has really taught me how to bargain shop. I HAVE been emailing her at least ten times a day and so far, she is still friends with me. Craig did tell me yesterday that I have to stop stalking her after I called her 3 times within the hour.
(Heath, I promise it will stop soon!)
After deliberating for a few days, Craig and I have decided to go with an eclectic look of modern and vintage.
Things we have purchased so far:
* Dark gray velvet to recover Craig's childhood Camelback-shaped couch
* 2 chairs- one Victorian and one arm chair
* Fabric to cover those chairs- a dove gray velvet and a graphic black and white print
* A table that uses reclaimed wood from asia (who said we weren't green?)
* These dining room chairs
* 2 lamps from DI (nothing a little spray paint can't fix)
And we are thinking about pulling the trigger on two of these ottoamans
We are doing loads of other stuff, too, including redecorating my workspace and finishing off the upstairs. I can't wait. Pictures to come in the next few weeks!
Monday, April 13, 2009