Friday, May 23, 2008

I heart Hatch, NM


When our Subway client from Albuquerque brought fresh Hatch green chiles for our TV shoot, I snagged the left overs. I somewhat felt like I was stealing the mini shampoo bottle out of a hotel room, but hey, my job doesn't have many perks, so I got to take what I can get. Craig has been hating his life since because I have been obsessed with creating our week-long dinner plan around these stupid chiles. But, as Amy can attest, my single-minded thinking led to some good.

Here is the recipe (for Amy).

Green Chile Fettuccine Alfredo

Alfredo sauce (I used this recipe from Cooking Light- to make the dish somewhat healthy)
Walnuts, toasted and chopped
A bunch of fresh green chiles (I probably used 1/3 cup. I think you can buy these at Rico)
Fresh fettuccine

When I was sauteeing the garlic, I also sauteed the green chiles with it. Then, I followed the recipe and topped the dish with toasted walnuts, freshly ground black pepper, and parmesan reggiano.

I know Fettuccine Alfredo is pretty old school, but this version was really spicy, delicious and easy to make. Long live the 90s!

4 comments:

WinnFamily said...

What a cook you've turned into! All of us Utah carpes need to go out to lunch or dinner sometime soon!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Pssh. Subway.

WinnFamily said...

Adam and I are pretty flexible. Wednesday nights are good because Adam is off that day. Otherwise, he gets off work at 7 pm so it's harder to do anything. We just need a little advance planning so we can figure out someone to watch the kids.

Mandi said...

Kristen- thanks for the comment! ben was ecstatic to see your blog. Looks like your job is really interesting...love the turkey! Ben still talks about the time you took care of him when he was on his death bed! He will forever be in your debt for that one!