Friday, February 6, 2009

Wallpaper

I love wallpaper. When Craig and I buy a house, I want to put really cool paper up but have been pretty intimidated about the actual "putting it up" part. So, I did a test run here in my apartment. There's a little nook in my studio and I thought it would look perfect with a busy wallpaper. Since we are renting, I found pre-pasted, easy- remove paper thanks to the apartment therapy blog. Then, I did what all smart people do. I googled how to put up wallpaper. I was pretty nervous because this wall paper has a very distinct pattern so has to be matched up perfectly. But, I have to say, I am impressed with my skills. I love how it turned out. What I didn't love is that is took me about 4 hours just to do this nook. Hopefully, I'll get faster with practice?





Now I just need to find something to put on that table. Maybe a great lamp?

15 comments:

Kellie said...

It looks great! I love your new place.

Andi said...

I love it! And I love the chair too.

Ming said...

It looks really great! Yes, a lamp and a good book would be perfect. I'd never leave that chair!

Susan Anderson said...

Good job. I'm impressed!

I think wrapping all those beautiful Christmas packages has given you some skills... =)

Emily said...

Looks great! I love your place. Can't wait to have a summer BBQ with you and Amy!

TylerBlake1985 said...

Looks great, Kristin! Want to come down and help me do my office?

TylerBlake1985 said...

Of course, that was me publishing under my alias, classixx.

Kristin said...

Mom? Dad?

I was thought Tyler was actually reading the blog and I was surprised. Hahaha.

Fritz said...

super great! a lamp...yes. something bright? green? red? orange? mustard? if only i didn't live in a house i have absolutely no desire to dress up...

Chelsea H. Taylor said...

looks really nice, friend. and pretty pro for the first time.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I appreciate that this particular blog used the term nook.

Susan Anderson said...

Maybe you're right about the Jackass guy. I could bump him up a couple just for the amusement factor.

Whitney said...

i LOVE this. makes me want to do the same in our apartment. i am glad there are options out there that aren't permanent. you've got great style! but of course...

thechoulespauls said...

holy crap i thought this was a picture from the magazines... fab job!

Heather Anderson said...

I can't believe you were worried this is right up your alley totally your thing and it looks amazing as always! Love it and I don't usually love wallpaper... hmmm maybe I should give wallpaper another look.